How to prime your coils to avoid premature burnout
Vap Cult cannot the stresshow important it is to make sure your coil is primed properly before you first fire up your device. To do this, you can follow these simple instructions:
- Drip plenty of e-liquid into the top of the coil, allowing the cotton inside to soak it up between drips and until you see the white cotton through the holes at the sides become wet. Be generous; if there is any excess once the cotton is fully saturated you can simply flick the coil to let it come out.
- Refit the coil and fill your tank with vape juice.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes to soak.
- Take a few early 'Primer Puffs' by pulling on the atomiser as if you were vaping but WITHOUT firing up the device.
- If the power on your device is adjustable, turn it to a low setting and fire it there.
- Work the power up in intervals until you reach your preferred power level.
- Booom! you should now have successfully primed your coil!
Please note, e-liquid with a high concentration of sweetener (sucrose) will drastically shorten coil life.
Vape Cult Tip!
If you encounter 'spitting' from the device and a gurgling sound when firing it up, then the likelihood is your coil has become flooded. This can happen when the device is sat for any period of time or if the coil still has liquid inside from the priming process.
If this occurs, simply remove the mouthpiece if possible, then flick the device down towards the floor (preferably outside to avoid mess!). This action will allow the excess liquid to vacate the coil and when you next fire the device that gurgling sound should have gone.
The importance of proper coil priming
Your coil is the heart of your vaping device! These heating elements are there to turn your e-liquid into vapour. Generally, with a manufactured coil, a heating element is encased in cotton. The cotton holds the liquid, enabling it to be vaporised once you apply power from your battery.
When to replace your coils
Coils will need replacing periodically; the length of time between changes depends on a number of factors. The amount of device use, power settings, chosen e-liquid, and other variables all affect the lifespan of the coil. Generally you would want to replace your coil as and when you encounter a burnt or poor taste from your atomiser.